Description


The Palace measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m under ground. It has 1,100 rooms, 2 underground parking garages and is 12 stories tall, with four additional underground levels currently available and in use, with another four in different stages of completion.

The structure combines elements and motifs from multiple sources, in an eclectic neoclassical architectural style. The building is constructed entirely of materials of Romanian origin. Estimates of the materials used include one million cubic meters of marble from Transylvania, most from Ruşchiţa; 3,500 tonnes of crystal — 480 chandeliers, 1,409 ceiling lights and mirrors were manufactured; 700,000 tonnes of steel and bronze for monumental doors and windows, chandeliers and capitals; 900,000 m³ of wood (over 95% domestic) for parquet and wainscotting, including walnut, oak, sweet cherry, elm, sycamore maple; 200,000 m² of woollen carpets of various dimensions (machines had to be moved inside the building to weave some of the larger carpets); velvet and brocade curtains adorned with embroideries and passementeries in silver and gold.


Articole
Parliament Palace
Parliament House building is situated in the center of Bucharest (in 5), the pla...
Appointments, entry charge and...
If you want to visit the largest, most expensive and most difficult administrati...
Nicolae Ceausescu
Nicolae Ceauşescu ( 26 January 1918 – 25 December 1989) was the Secretary...
Elena Ceausescu
(Romanian pronunciation: [eˈlena tʃauˈʃesku]; January 7, 1916 – Decemb...
History since 1989
Since 1997, the building has housed Romania's Chamber of Deputies, which had p...
Construction
The grand hall, the large space in the wall was intended to contain a large pain...
Description
The Palace measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m under ground. It has 1,1...
Rules for visiting the Palace ...
Intentionally leaving the tour route is considered "... penetration, in violatio...
Hall of Nicholas Balcescu
The walls are of pink marble Ruschita and drapes with brocades are woven in silk...
History of the building since ...
Since 1994 the building work the Chamber of Deputies, after the initial headquar...